Skip to main content

About your Search

20121205
20121213
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3
he had to say about the progress of the fiscal cliff negotiation. >> i think the atmospherics are getting so much better. we've kind of gotten out of the kabuki theater and we've gone to, you know, dancing the tango with, you know, those two guys. and any time you start to tango, you got a chance. 40% chance we'll actually get it done before the end of the year. probably a 25% chance we'll get it done right after the end of the year. and then there's that horrible 35% chance that we'll still go over the cliff and have pure chaos. but i think the chances of getting it done now are better. and i think that's what's key. >> have indicated a willingness to compromise. what's interesting there is he did say 40%, that's a little better, that the odds are we get something solved and don't go over the cliff. but he's still looking at a 1 in 3 shot that we end up going off the cliff. so it's that part in the middle that's kind of evened out a little bit. >> let's get to our guest host for more on the fiscal cliff negotiations. joining us now for the rest of the show, senator john thune
"/abc poll of handling of fiscal cliff negotiations, obama, 47% approve, 46% disapprove. boehner, 24% approve. 54% disapprove. i would say, the republican party continues to have a branding problem. >> there is. >> or a disintegrating problem in washington. >> it is a branding problem that was born of chaos in the primary process that continues. there is a great "politico" article that actually talks about the republican problem with branding. and talks about -- >> it's a great piece. >> have you seen this? >> yeah. >> the republican party has a branding problem. these are researchers that say -- we asked 22, 23 different topics, whether americans related more to the democratic party or the republican party. 22 of the 23, they appeal more to democrats. >> yeah. >> it is a generalized, massive branding problem over what's happened nationally over the past year. >> except in the south. >> the piece, in part, points out that unlike people who sit around here, most people, normal people out there in america react emotionally to politics when they hear phrases, they react emotionally. does this re
negotiations over the so-called fiscal cliff stand. for the first time in a while the president has no public events today. on his agenda he has spent the last few weeks as you know on this relentless pr campaign to talk about it. and his lack of a tuesday to do list adds punch to reports like this one in the "wall street journal" with the headline talks take positive turn. >> john boehner, sitting down with the president, seems these two men are getting the job done, from what we hear. >> it is the serious business because they've got to come to a framework at the end of this week if they're going to get it written in time and passed in time so they all don't have to spend christmas in washington. >> that's right,er. wants to get out of town for the holidays. we are book now with our political power panel. msnbc contributor ron reagan and republican strategist. this is where things stand. last night the president's team called boehner, asked for more details on taxes. boehner's office says that they want more details on spending cuts. so here's what senator bob corker had to say on the deal.
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3